Thursday 17 February 2011

Art Exhibition At Nelson ACE Centre

HOMEMADE chocolate cake and the Leeds-Liverpool canal are among the inspirations for two local artists whose work will be exhibited at the Ace Centre, Nelson.

The exhibition, ‘Melt – Concealed Forms’, of work by Beverley Chapelhow and Keith Parkinson, will open on Saturday 19 February and run until Wednesday 2 March.

Describing her own work, Ms Chapelhow said: “My main body of work stems from a childhood love of homemade chocolate cake that has stayed with me into adulthood.

“This cake coupled with chocolate, cream and other food stuffs is inspirational as I conjure up images, tastes and feelings.”

Mr Parkinson said: “My recent paintings and sculptures are representations of the place I live, by the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. “I create both abstract and representational work exploring light, colour and form, expressing my fascination with the interplay between these elements, and motifs, atmosphere and the sense of place.”

Entry to the exhibition is free and opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.

To find out what else is on at the Ace Centre, visit the website at:http://www.acecentre.co.uk/