Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wet Wet Wet's Graeme Clark To Make West End Debut - 29th July

Graeme Clark - bass player with Wet Wet Wet is set to make his west end theatre debut on Sunday 29th July as he appears in "Bullets & Daffodils" the new musical drama about the life and works of World War 1 poet Wilfred Owen.

Graeme said: "My songwriting mate, Dean Johnson, asked me if I would consider playing the part of a Scottish soldier signing up to go to war.

Interestingly enough my grandpa did sign up as a 14 year old in 1914, coincidentally, as a musician.
Old Grandad was pretty instrumental (excuse the pun) in my formative years and I thought if I could do any acting it would be great to do it in the context of my grandfather.  Here's to him and all the others who signed up for us!

I hope I can do him and the play justice - It's a fascinating story and a great piece of work."

The show - which also features All Creatures Great And Small actor Christopher Timothy on stage as the narrator - will be at the Jermyn Street Theatre in Jermyn Street on Sunday 29th July for one night only.

Tickets for the show can be booked here:  http://www.jermynstreettheatre.co.uk/whatson.html#sundaysandmondaysatjermynstreet