Monday 3 February 2014

Joan Armatrading Coming to Colne Muni - Saturday 27th September 2014

During her 42 years of touring, Joan Armatrading has never done a solo World Tour.

Now she has decided the time is right to perform her first ever, full scale solo tour. Her performances will include songs that span her entire career so far.

She said: "I will never retire, but this will be the last major tour that I will undertake. For the first time, these concerts will be me solo on stage playing the guitar, piano and singing.

"I want these concerts to be a special lively interactive one-to-one experience. I have absolutely enjoyed the last 42 years of performances but now, with my final major tour, I want to capture a unique memory for both myself and the audience."

As with every tour from this unique performer, you are guaranteed a fantastic mix of magical old favorites, plus more recent compositions to fall in love with. Expect to hear "Love and Affection"," Willow", "Drop the Pilot" and "Me, Myself I".

Three times Grammy nominated, Brit Award nominee and Ivor Novella winner, producer and musician Joan Armatrading MBE is recognised as one of the world’s leading singer, songwriter and guitarists.

This visit to Colne is one in a group of intimate concerts which are to be followed by appearances on a major city tour both in the UK and around the world in 2015.

More info and Colne show tickets:  http://www.themuni.co.uk/events/joan-armatrading/

More tour dates: http://www.joanarmatrading.com/tour.html