Saturday 21 August 2010

Lucy on Black Vegas











As Paul has already mentioned, we went along to the Grand Theatre to see Black Vegas as Skaface were appearing and I’ve been wanting to see them for a long time, as Colin Appleby my drumming teacher is the drummer. Skaface were absolutely fantastic, very professional and of course I just love everything they play.

On the same bill were a duo called Troubadour who were very good indeed and it was great to see Karima Francis Danny Wilde and Laura Catlow . However, much to my surprise, I was simply swept away by two of the other bands on the bill –Superstring and Sinister Footwear. I thought the drummer with Sinister Footwear was simply amazing – pity we couldn’t see him because it was rather dark at the back of the stage.

Both Superstring and Sinister Footwear were slick and very professional and sang material that they have composed themselves. I thought what they performed was tuneful and easy on the ear (especially for someone like me as, for example, I never liked the Rolling Stones).

I could hardly believe that Blackpool has such wonderful home grown talent. Both bands should be global hits – they certainly deserve to be. I especially can't wait to see Skaface, Superstring and Sinister Footwear again.

Lucy