Thursday 17 October 2019

Debut EP Launch for Anna Malindi

Promising East Lancashire singer / songwriter Anna Malindi has just released her debut EP of four self-penned songs.  

The songs are entitled "Ignite", "Day & Night", "Back Home" and "Entirely Up To Me" and are available to purchase, and download via Spotify, CD Baby and other online music sites.

Anna has made video to accompany the track "Entirely Up To Me" and this can be viewed on YouTube via   THIS LINK

The songs were launched at special event at Pendle Forest Sports Club near Burnley on the 5th October, which raised £110.00 for the Women’s Refuge in Burnley and also featured support artists Georgia Clarkson and Amy Colvin.

Talking about how the somgs came about, Anna said:

"What started as idly playing the piano at my godmother’s house, has chaotically evolved into an EP being released on Spotify, Amazon Music and other platforms, a launch party, a YouTube video, and the beginnings of an online presence.

"A few months ago, I had the incredible opportunity to record four original songs at Superbee Studios just outside of Newark, (shout-out to you Andy for being the loveliest person, and so helpful.) It was a crazy whirlwind couple of days and has led to the most incredible few months.

"From writing my first ever song in January, to having the beginnings of a full-blown music career in September, it’s safe to say that this has been one of the craziest years of my life.

"Though all my songs mean something important to me, there is one that holds a special place in my heart. ‘Entirely Up To Me’ was first written for a charity that my Godmother worked for, that supports young people who are at risk from sexual exploitation.

"SCN Media, who I am currently working with to produce my music, were also working with these young people, giving them the opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings through music.

"I wanted to capture the same fiery, angry, and powerful emotions in a way that many people could relate to and in ‘Entirely Up To Me’ I touch on topics such as stereotypes, body image and media influences.

"Even now in 2019, these issues that should’ve been sorted long ago are still prevalent in so many people’s lives, and my song and the corresponding music video were created in an attempt to celebrate uniqueness, the choices we have and remind everyone regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality that we all deserve more than we give ourselves credit for and it is forever entirely up to you. A quote that I’m pretty sure everyone should live by."


For more information and Anna and her music, check out:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/annamalindimusic/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annamalindimusic/

CD Baby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/annamalindi