Thursday 26 January 2012

Ice Hockey: Sharks Boost Squad For Trip To Fylde

Fylde Flyers ice hockey team's opponents for Saturday's match, table topping Solway Sharks, have signed young Scottish forward Marc Fowley (in photo) after he was released by Elite League side Fife Flyers.

Sharks Coach Martin Grubb had this to say about his latest capture, “I am delighted to be able to bring someone of Marc's quality to the team as he will add speed, skill and a goal threat to our forward line. I have followed Marc's situation in Fife closely and I know that he is desperate to be playing regularly. He will be a valuable member of our team as the push for the league title continues and I know the fans will love his style.”

Marc himself was quick to add, “I am pleased to be signing with the Sharks for the remainder of the season. I have only heard good things about Spud as a coach and am aware of the talent on the roster. I have also played with some of the guys before and know there are some characters in the dressing room. I hope to help the team achieve their goals of winning the title and promotion into League One."

Before Fife, Fowley had previously also played Paisley Pirates. He was unavailable for the Sharks' matches last weekend but is expected to make his Sharks debut against the Fylde Flyers at the Sub Zero rink in Cleveleys on Saturday - 5pm face off.